MMHS Library Learning Commons
Get ready for teen summer reading by downloading 2 free audiobooks a week through SYNC. The free audiobook downloads begin April 26th and continue for the next 13 weeks. This free summer audiobook program is for teens 13+ and focuses on high interest titles, based on weekly themes. Go to the website to sign up for email or text alerts.
The Flume: NH Teen Reader’s Choice Award.........
Each year teens nominate titles published within the last three years they think deserve to be recognized. Librarians narrow the group of titles to a shorter list. Teens then vote for the winning title from that list. Here are this year's nominees:
- All American Boys by Jason Reynolds & Brendan Kelly
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
The Library Learning Commons currently has a display set up with these book titles that may be checked out. Voting will be this spring and ballots will be placed out on the display. Start reading them today and then cast your vote!!
Want to make a video using a green screen for your next class project?
Available for you to use: an ipad with Do Ink software, tripod, and green screen. Setup is in the LLC conference room. Visit the Do Ink website.
See Ms. Hedrick or Ms. Tancrede for more information.